Happy International Safe Abortion Day- September 28Who We Are:
Advocates for Women's Empowerment (AWE) was formed in 2012 in response to a vote by the Unitarian Universalist General Assembly to support reproductive justice as a faith.
We have grown since then, into a wide community of activists. We welcome members and allies from all faiths, communities, ages and genders; reproductive issues effect everyone. AWE also collaborates with other organizations to build solidarity, unified as a larger group in the fight for reproductive justice.We support the following rights for all
1) Raising children in safe and healthy environments
2) Planned and healthy pregnancies
3) Prevention or ending of unwanted pregnancies
4) Freedom of sexuality, culture & faith without oppression
5) Access to healthcare
6) Economic equality and opportunity
7) Access to comprehensive, fact-based education
8) Racial and cultural equalityWhat we do
Workshops and speakers
It's an especially important time to get pro-choice candidates in office. Join us! See below for LUNAFEST!
The show will be held on November 5th at 7pm at Concord Academy
It's a great way to see some amazing films with your friends while supporting a worthy cause. Proceeds from Lunafest always support organizations that serve women. See below for ticket info.